DR. SATHISH KUMAR V – SR. CONSULTANT NEUROSURGERY [BRAIN TUMOR / STROKE]
SPECIALTY : Neurology
Consultant Neurologist & Stroke Specialist, Global hospitals, Chennai.
- D.M. in Neurology from PGIMER, Chandigarh Jan 2008-Dec2010
- M.D. in General Medicine from GSVM Medical College, Kanpur 2003- 2006.
- M.B.B.S. from Tirunelveli Medical College, 1996-2001.
Worked as Senior Resident in Neurology Department at SGPGI, Lucknow from July 2006 to January 2007
- Management of acute stroke
- Attending emergency calls and consultations
- Managing in-patients and Critical care Neurology.
- Electrophysiological studies
- Muscle and nerve sampling for the histopathology
AREA OF INTEREST:
Stroke& interventions, Epilepsy, Neuro- developmental disorders, Movement Disorder, sleep disorders.
Reading books, delivering lectures to Junior Residents, playing cricket.
- Best Paper Award at Neurcon UP Chapter in the year 2005 on “ Multiple Sclerosis in Kanpur- On the basis of critical clinical appraisal”
- Best out-going studentof Tirunelveli Medical College for 1996-2001 Batch.
- Distinction holder in Anatomy (Part-1&2), Biochemistry, pharmacology, Pathology (Part-1&2), ENT, Medicine, during MBBS course in Tirunelveli Medical College.
- District Rank holderin Higher Secondary School.
- Ongoing Publications: ”A randomized double blinded placebo controlled trial of role of doxycycline in acute ischemic stroke”- Thesis publication (for Best paper award in NEUROCON 2010 Jaipur).
- Multiple Sclerosis with Dysferlinopathy- A rare association
- Castlemans disease presenting as CIDP- A case report.
- Duchennes dystrophy in autism: A rare case report.
- An association of Morphea with Dermatomyositis.
- Non ketotichyperglycinemia presenting as spinocerebellar ataxia like syndrome.
Member – Neurological Society of India
Member –Indian Academy
CERTIFICATION:Certification of completion by AHA NIH Stroke Scale &mRS Scale.
Medical Registration Tamilnadu: 69123
Delhi Medical Registration: 33608