DR. SUBRAMANYA RAO – SR. CONSULTANT HEAD AND NECK SURGEON [ENT], INDIA
Overview of my Clinical Acumenship:
Ahmedabad2.November 2005–February 2007 Tutor in Dept. Of ENT,
VIMS, Bellary, Karnataka, India
3. July 2004 – November 2005 Private practice Usha Hospital, Bellary, Karnataka, India
4. Jan 2004 – July 2004 Senior Resident, Dept. Of ENT, Manipal Hospital, Bangalore, India
5. April 1998 – August1999 Private practice, Usha Hospital, Bellary, Karnataka, India
“Clinicopathological study of Malignant Otitis Externa and its treatment policy”. We studied the different predisposing factors, the pathogens involved, the pathophysiology, the methodology of treatment and follow-ups especially in Indian setup. In our study we found that diabetes mellitus was the most common predisposing factor, pseudomonas was the most common pathogen and combination treatment with cefazidime and gentamicin was the treatment of choice taking into consideration the different aspects. ESR was equally reliable as gadolinium scans in follow-up in predicting recurrence.
Workshops/ Conferences attended:
- 52nd Annual conference of “ The Association of Otolaryngologists of India” at Cochin, from 6th to 9th , January 2000.
- 3rd Regional ENT workshop on Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery and Micro Ear Surgery at Hyderabad from 4th to 6th February 2000.
- 28th All India Temporal Bone Dissection and Live Micro ear surgery course at Chennai from 16th to 19th February 2000.
- FESS workshop at Bijapur from 5th to 6th August, 2000.
- Advanced course in Head and Neck Oncology, at Bangalore, on 30th September and 1st October, 2000.
- Phonosurgery and Video-Endoscopic Laryngeal surgery workshop 2001, at Bangalore, on 21st and 22nd February, 2001.
- Course and Symposium on Neuro-Otology and Audiology 2003, at Bellary, on 11th and 12th October, 2003.
- Hands on training in Post-Laryngectomy voice rehabilitation including provox system held in Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai on 24th January
- Cancer of Larynx and Hypopharynx – Current concepts and controversies held in Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, between 25th to 27th January
- Hands on Course on Evaluation and Management of Voice Disorders & Compromised Laryngotracheal Airway with Hands on Laser Course, 21st to 23rd November 2008, Dinanath Mangeshkar Hospital, Pune.
- CME program on Head and Neck reconstruction, Oct 21 to 23 2009, Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi
Use of Masseter muscle flap for primary reconstruction of oral and oropharyngeal defects of moderate size. Published in Gujarat Journal of Oncology Clinical trial participated: Efficacy and tolerability of Clarithromycin XL in acute sinusitis [Phase III]
Related areas of knowledge.
Have a good basic knowledge in conducting clinical trials as prescribed by the National Cancer Institute, USA
Have worked with lasers in field of laryngology and malignancy
Areas of interest:
Head and Neck Surgery\ Rhinology