DR. RAVICHANDRA KELKAR – SR. CONSULTANT JOINT REPLACEMENT SURGEON, BANGALORE, INDIA
MBBS (BMC), MSORTHO (JIPMER) MRCSAE (UK), MRCS (EDIN)
Consultant Joint Replacement & Orthopedic Surgeon
Dr Ravichandra Kelkar has completed his MBBS from Bangalore Medical College which is a renowned Medical college. He has completed his Masters in Orthopedics from one of the premier institutes JIPMER-Pondicherry.
He was trained in England for 6 years and worked in various specialist institutes to excel in Joint Replacement surgery. He has vast experience in Replacements of Hip, Knee, Shoulder, Toe, Finger etc. Though Joint Replacement is his special interest he has expertise in operating trauma cases, fracture fixation, arthroscopy and spine surgeries.
- MRCS –Member of Royal College of Surgeons. UK-
- Double MRCS Degree in A&E and Surgery.-2005
- Master of Surgery in Orthopaedics-JIPMER. Pondicherry University. 2001
Professional Profile/Responsibilities-From year 1997-2010
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon Columbia Asia Hospital, Hebbal, Bangalore
- Specialist Registrar Southampton University Hospital.UK.
- Registrar NorthwickPark Hospital.London.UK
- SHO Leeds General Infirmary University Hospital.UK
- SHO George Eliot Hospital.West Midlands.UK
- Registrar Manipal Hospital.Bangalore
- Junior Resident JIPMER University.Pondicherry.India
- Multicentric randomised open label trial of fondaparinux and graduated compression stockings in the prevention of deep vein thrombosis in Total Hip Replacement.I was involved in this study at George Eliot Hospital in Nuneaton.UK
- I recruited patients in the study and was responsible for the data input, randomization, discharge and follow-up of patients.
- A study on the outcome of management of Supracondylar fracture humerus in children.I recruited patients, consented, operated and followed up patients for 2years.
- This study was from June 1998 to June 2000 during my post graduation and is submitted to Jipmer Teaching Hospital. Pondicherry. India as my dissertation.
- Retrospective screening of patients for osteoporosis using Dexa scan in patients withfracture neck of femur at George Eliot Hospital.
- Correction of congenital talipes equinus varus deformity (CTEV) of foot in children using Jess external fixator and Ilizarov external fixator at Jipmer Hospital.
- Extramedullary or Intramedullary Tibial Alignment Guides: A Randomized prospective trial of Radiological alignment in Total Knee Replacement at Regional Warwickshire Conference.UK
- Operative treatment of metastatic disease of pelvis and proximal end of femur:
- This was an instructional course lecture at Nuneaton Ortho meet .UK
Member to Society / Association
- Member of Royal College of Surgeons.UK
- Advanced Trauma Life Support
- Advanced Life Support
- Advanced Paediatric Life Support
- Karnataka Medical Council
Awards / Publications
- First Place in Ortho Radiology Quiz at Westminster University.London.
- First Place in Master’s Degree in Orthopaedics at Jipmer
- Gold Medal for First Class in MBBS in Bangalore Medical College.
- National Scholarship for academic excellence during my SSLC level
- Cutaneous Larva Migrans in England: A Case Report in a returning traveller.
- British Medical Journal-EMJ: published 2007; vol-24, issue-9
- Fracture First 3 ribs and Sternoclavicular Dislocation: A case report.
- Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery-JBJS: Submitted for publication and is under review.
- Deccan Herald Newspaper-Arthritis Now Treatable-Published- 22/9/2007.