DR. GANESH NAGARAJAN – SR. CONSULTANT SURGICAL ONCOLOGIST AND LIVER TRANSPLANT, INDIA
Dr. Ganesh Nagarajan
- One year Fellowship in Hepatobiliary pancreatic surgery and Liver Transplantation from Hospital Beaujon, Paris (2008-2009).
- Three year residency training program in surgical oncology from Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai (2004 – 2008).
- M.S. General Surgery from Bombay University in January 2004 with Post Graduate instruction from LTMMC Hospital, Sion, Mumbai.
- M.B.B.S. from Bombay University in January 2000 with Professional Medical Instruction from Seth GSMC & KEM Hospital, Parel, Mumbai.
Licences & Certifications
Registered with Maharashtra Medical Council, Mumbai Reg. No. 2000/02/1105 with qualification of MBBS under Maharashtra Medical Council Act 1965. (Mah. XLVI of 1965).
I am presently working as a Consultant Surgical Oncologist and Liver Transplant surgeon at Bombay hospital. I am also attached to Hiranandani Hospital Powai, Navneet Hospital (a charitable hospital in Borivali) and Riddhi Vinayak Hospital in Malad. Over the last one year, I have performed 120 surgeries for various cancers. Of these, 20 surgeries have been for hepatobiliary and pancreatic cancers (11 liver resections, 5 pancreatic resections and 4 biliary resections).
I was working at Hospital Beaujon, Clichy, France as a Fellow in Hepatobiliary Pancreatic surgery and Liver transplantation with Prof Jacques Belghiti- one of the world’s leading liver surgeons for a period of one year from May 2008 to April 2009.
This is one of the world’s leading HPB and liver transplantation centers with more than 250 liver resections and 100 liver transplantations per year. I have been actively involved in these complex surgeries including the liver transplantation.
Prior to this, I completed 3-year residency training program in surgical oncology from Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai as a senior registrar from September 2004 to August 2007 and as a Senior Specialist Registrar in the Gastrointestinal and HPB oncology from September 2007 to February 2008. Tata Memorial Hospital is one of the best cancer centers in the country and is well recognized internationally. This residency program is one of the most
sought after and prestigious training programs in surgical oncology. Here, I have worked in the following departments involving complete treatment of the patients including surgery, pre and post operative care, multidisciplinary meetings and decision making regarding chemotherapy and radiotherapy and long term follow up :
1) GASTROINTESTINAL ONCOLOGY – colorectal, hepatobiliary pancreatic and gastric cancer.
2) HEAD NECK ONCOLOGY- surgical procedures for oral cancer with pedicled flap reconstructions, thyroid cancer and laryngeal cancer with voice rehabilitation with TEP.
3)BREAST CANCER- mastectomies, breast conservation surgery, internal mammary artery cannulation for brachytherapy and pedicled flap reconstruction.
4) GYNAECOLOGICAL CANCER: hysterectomy with oophorectomy and omentectomy for ovarian cancer and radical hysterectomy for cervical cancer and endometrial cancer.
5) UROONCOLOGY: radical nephrectomy for renal cancer, radical cystectomy with reconstruction for bladder cancer and penectomy with groin node dissection for penile cancer.
7) MINIMALLY INVASIVE UNIT- I have assisted laparoscopic surgeries for colorectal, esophageal , gynaecological and urological cancer.