DR. NARENDRA RANGAPPA – SR. CONSULTANT ORTHOPEDIC SURGERY, TOTAL ELBOW JOINT REPLACEMENT, INDIA
Dr. Narendra rangappa is an eminent orthopedic and joint replacement surgeon with over 12 years of experience.
He is an expert in joint replacement surgery and arthroscopic surgeries. He has vast experience in complex and difficult joint replacement procedures, reconstructions of joints and minimal invasive surgeries. He has performed well over 1000 joint replacement surgeries (primary and revision replacement of hip and knee,elbow,shoulder etc).He has also experience in using stem cells for bone and cartilage reconstruction.
Dr. Narendra Rangappa completed M.S (Ortho) from university of Mysore. He has produced a paper when he was a post graduate and presented in IOA, Kochi, and since then produced various papers in the field of orthopedics.
Dr. Narendra Rangappa has undergone extensive training international centers of excellence, he is fellowship trained in spine surgeries in chnonam national, university. And also He is fellowship trained in joint replacement in the institute for muscle skeletal surgery, Germany.
Dr. Narendra Rangappa has a vast experience as consultant in various leading hospitals like, Babu Jagjivanram memorial hospital Delhi, Mallaya hospital Bangalore, P.D.Hinduja sindi hospital,colombia Asia hospital yeswathpur, Fortis hospital , and Nova medical centers Bangalore.
He is expertise at Joint Replacements and Arthroscopies.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION :
|M.S Ortho||From UNIV of Mysore, JSS Medical College, 1996 Jan – 1999 March.|
|M.B.B.S||From UNIV of Mysore, JSS medical college Mysore, 1988 Aug – 1995 March.|
|Pre-UNIV||Marimallappa’s Jr College, Mysore.|
At present –
- Consultant at Nova Medical Centers, Sadashivnagar, Bangalore
- Consultant at Fortis Hospital, Sheshadripuram, Bangalore
- Consultant at Coloumbia Asia Referral Hospital, Yeshwanthpur, Bangalore
- Consultant at P.D.Hinduja-Sindhi Hospital Bangalore
- Visiting Consultant Mallya Hospital Bangalore
Oct 2003 -Oct 2004 –
Sri Devraj Urs Medical College, Kolar.
Jan 2000 to Sep 2003 –
Babu Jagajiwan Ram Hospital,New Delhi.
Feb 1999 to Dec 1999 – Clinical Fellow,
- Balaji institute of surgery Rehabilitation and Research for Disabled. ( BIRRD ), Tirupathi.
- BIRRD is a total charity institute run by Tirupathi Tirumala Devasthanam. BIRRD is a 250 bed hospital caters for poor and disabled. It specializes in Spinal surgery, Arthoroscopy, Arthroplasty, Polio, Cerebral Palsy, Congenital anomalies, Limb lengthening surgeries using Illizrov & AO Fixator.
- Training to Post Graduates from KMC Mangalore & Manipal. Free Polio surgical camps are organized all over India. Institute has made extensive research on rehabilitationsurgeriesunderguidanceof Dr.Vagneshwaralu.
CHAIRMAN AO Faculty, Spinal surgery, Arthroplasty.
Dr. Vidya Sagar – Kamaneni Hospital, Hyderabad
Dr. Mohanty – Prof. KMC Manipal.
Mar 1999 to Dec 2000
Manipal Hospital Bangalore.
Trained in trauma surgery. Arthoroscopy.
Dr. K.M.K. Varma
Dr. Sharan Patil.
1996 Jan to 1999Mar –
Post Graduate & Resident JSS Hospital Mysore.
Thesis Dissertation topic “ ARTHROGRAPHY A DIAGNOSTIC GUIDE IN CHRONIC KNEE JOINT DISORDER”
Guided by Dr. J.S. Hegde.
1995 Apr to 1996 Sep –
Resident in Orthopedics, Neuro surgery & Plastic
surgery in B.M hospital Mysore.
1993 Apr to 1994 Mar
Internship in JSS Hospital, Mysore.
TOTAL HIP REPLACEMENT
HEMI REPLACEMENT OF HIP, SHOULDER
TOTAL ELBOW REPLACEMENT
- Management of cerebral palsy- tenotomies osteotomies,Arthrodiesis
- Botox injections for spasticity
- Corrective surgeries for CTEV,CDH,CLUB HAND,MCC etc
- Scoliosis correction surgeries using Pedicle screw technique[I have started using pedicle screw tecnique after training with DR.Chung in South Korea
- TEN system for percutaneous fracture fixation
- Limb reconstruction system for limb lengthening and deformity correction
- Discectomies, Microdiscectomies.
- Spinal fusion with anterior and post instruments Trauma
- Percutaneous biopsy of spinal lesions
- Facet joint Blocks
- Selective nerve root blocks
- Epidural infiltration
- Percutaneous endoscopic discetomy [limited
- experience, I have taken training in Korea]
- Knee- diagnostic,Synovectomies,menisetomies, ACL reconstruction
- Ankle- diagnostic,synovectomies
TRAUMA- WELL VERSED IN TREATMENT OF ALL TYPES OF TRAUMA
PUBLICATION & PAPER PRESENTATION
- Scientific paper presentation in IACON – 98 Kochi. “ARTHROGRAPHY A DIAGNOSTIC GUIDE IN CHRONIC JOINT DISORDER”
- Publication in IACON Journal 98.
“ARTHROGRAPHY A DIAGNOSTIC GUIDE IN CHRONIC JOINT DISORDER”
Fellowship and Training
- Depuy-Johnson and Johnson spine surgery fellowship at South Korea.
Clinical Fellowship in Paediatric Orthopedic Surgery.
Fellowship in joint replacement surgery, Germany.
Areas of Expertise:-
- TOTAL KNEE REPLACEMENT
- TOTAL HIP REPLACEMENT
- HEMI REPLACEMENT OF HIP, SHOULDER
- TOTAL ELBOW REPLACEMENT
- ARTHROSCOPY – KNEE