BLK SUPERSPECIALTY CARDIAC HOSPITAL DELHI IN INDIA
Infrastructure & Facility
B L K Super Speciality Hospital has a unique combination of the best in class technology, put to use by some of the best names in the professional circles to ensure world-class health care to all the patients.
BLK Super Specialty is one of the biggest stand alone private hospital in the national capital region with a capacity of 700 beds including 125 critical care beds. The outpatient services are spread on two floors with 57 consultation rooms. All ambulatory services have been designed with the intent to create dedicated areas for all specialities with their interventional services in close vicinity. Therefore, whether it is the proximity of diagnostic services and blood bank to the Emergency or one of the best Endoscopy suites to ensure timely and efficient services, the infrastructure speaks about BLK’s commitment for ‘A PASSION FOR HEALING’.
The Hospital has 17 state of the art well equipped modular operation theatreswith three stage air filtration and gas scavenging system to ensure patient safety. All the Operation Theatres are fitted with best in class pendants, operating lights, anaesthesia work stations and advanced information management system.
The Hospital has one of the biggest critical care units in the region with 125 beds in different intensive care units i.e. Medical, Surgical, Cardiac, Pediatrics, Neonatology, Neuro and organ transplant. All the critical care beds are in the close vicinity of the OTs for easy accessibility and continuity of care. Each area is equipped with high end patient monitoring services, ventilators and dedicated isolation rooms. Facilities for hemodialysis, CRRT, SLED, endoscopy, bronchoscopy are available 24×7 by the bedside.
The hospital has Specialised Birthing suites with telemetric foetal monitors to follow the progression of labor and also the facility for the family to stay with the patient during the labor. A dedicated operation theatre earmarked adjacent to the labour room helps in shortening the response time in case there is a need to conduct the delivery through surgical means.
BLK’s IVF centre is one of its kind in India to have a modular culture lab and a dedicated OT to provide highly personalized and cost effective services to those who need the IVF services.
The hospital has the largest Bone marrow transplant unit in the country and amongst the largest in Asia. The unit offers both allogenic and autologous transplant services under highest standards of infection control practices.
The BLK Cancer Center is one of the most modern and comprehensive cancer centre with over 100 beds dedicated for oncology services. The facility’s advanced building management system features multi-tiered access control, electronic security systems including CCTV, highly advanced fire management system and specific BMS for utilities. The Hospital is the first in NCR to install and start using the automatic pneumatic chute system which increases the efficiency and efficacy of health care delivery.
The hospital follows robust quality and infection control practices with an emphasis on patient safety and comfort of patients, their families and our employees. BLK Super-specialty hospital is both NABH and NABL accredited, certifying the quality of standard of care and the processes that have been put in place for healthcare delivery. Department of Academic Affairs, Research and Continuing Education (AARCE) emphasizes focus on academic activities and continuous quality improvement in terms of patient care.
- A Triology Tx Linear Accelerator with cone beam CT for Radiation Oncology– Triology Tx is a very versatile equipment which is used for providing, Image guided radiotherapy (IGRT), Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy (IMRT) and Gated Radiotherapy.
- MRI– The hospital has procured and installed 1.5 Tesla volume MRI, which is the first of its kind in India. The special feature of this MRI is its ability to generate 3D images, cut the Acquisition time by half and increase the efficiency of the machine.
- CT– 64 Slice volume 3D CT Scan has been installed in the Hospital.
- Bone Mineral Density (BMD) – Whole body mineral scan capable of giving instant reports.
- Ultrasound– Ultrasound machines with 3D and 4D imaging and whole body Doppler.
- Mammography– Low radiation digital imaging and stereotactic (3D) biopsy system.
- Cardiac Cath. Lab– Flat panel combo cath. Lab with 3D reconstruction, DSA and Electro physiological EP facility. Reduced processing time of the input leads to higher efficiency.
- Nuclear medicine-The hospital has a first of its kind dual head Spect CT, with variable angle gamma camera. This enables the doctors to trace physiological pathways of various organization systems early in the disease process, in a non-invasive manner.
- Laboratories- The hospital has one of the most well equipped labs in the NCR for Haematology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Molecular Biology and Histopathology.
- Blood Bank– A state-of-the-art blood bank meeting all standards has been set up with facilities like Aphaeresis, blood component separation and stem cell harvesting.
- X-ray – with high frequency low radiation digital radiographic units.
- Gastroenterology– The hospital has dedicated endoscopy suite with facility for advanced procedures including capsule endoscopy
- Ambulance services– The hospital has fully equipped Advance Cardiac Life Support System (ACLS) ambulances for all kind of emergencies.
The Hospital is shortly adding PET CT scan for cancer tumors and the Cyber-knife for dealing with brain tumors. With this BLK would become the only Hospital to offer cyber-knife based treatment in the entire Northern India.
TECHNOLOGY TO ENHANCE EFFICIENCY:
- Barcode Technology– Bar coding technology is used to ensure correct identification of blood samples & better asset management control.
- Hospital had put in place Delhi’s 1st automated pneumatic chute system for immediate transfer of samples, medicines and documents minimizing delays and ensuring safe and hygienic transfer.
- The whole facility is WI-Fi enabled, with the vision of the hospital becoming thefirst paper-less hospital in the country. The Hospital has top of the line HIS system with Electronic Medical Records (EMS), accessible to doctors from anywhere.
Accreditation & Quality
Drive towards continuous
With the collective belief that the most simple is often the most effective, the BLK leadership team follows the quality cycle of planning, designing, checking and applying the learning to continuously improve the services. Quality indicators have been defined for every significant process, and are monitored to ensure continuous quality improvement, to achieve international benchmarks.
More importantly, extensive interactions take place between the management and the staff so that the organization’s passion of constant learning and improving cascades down to the last rank.
- Realisation of hospital’s vision and mission.
- Meeting changing needs and expectations of the patients.
- Introduce quality in all its services and ensure continuous improvement of quality through national and international accreditations.
- Engage credentialed professionals in all disciplines and services.
- Continuously update the knowledge of the professionals through in-house or external training, participation in academic activities such as CMEs, seminars, symposia, conferences and by providing access to internet and journals and books in the hospital library.
- Promote research.
- Provide state-of-the-art health care with compassion and dignity to all.
- Introduce established newer technologies in clinical services without delay.
- Provide reliable and updated diagnostic services.
- Monitor all critical processes to ensure continuance of quality.
- Create health awareness across the sections of the population of Delhi.
- Introduce postgraduate courses and fellowships in different clinical disciplines.
- Start training programmes for paramedical staff.
- Extend health consciousness in the community.
- Provide free health care to indigent patients.
- Ensure safety of patients, attendants, employees and all stakeholders.
- Practice environmental management systems.
- Continuously enhance customer satisfaction.
- Promote staff development and increase employee satisfaction.
- Establish an efficient Hospital Information System to have paperless and permanent access to patient records and easy analysis of outcomes.
- Establish quality assurance system to minimize pre analytical, analytical and post analytical errors with laboratories.
- The hospital has been designed for maximum safety and comfort of the patients and healthcare providers. It complies with national and international standards for hospital accreditation.
- Clinical governance is an integral part of our practice.
- Robust quality and infection control practices are in place.
- Best in class modular OT’s and ICU’s with HEPA filters, laminar air flow and 20 complete air changes per hour and access control minimise the risk of infection.
- Isolation rooms have been earmarked in the ICU to treat critically ill infectious patients thus preventing threat to other patients.
- Stringent “Biomedical Waste Management” practices for segregation, storage, transport and disposal of hospital waste are in place.
- Green building: The hospital is designed to allow sunlight in most of the ICUs and patient rooms as it minimizes stress on the patients and gives them proper orientation of time.
- The hospital has one of the most advanced “Building Management Systems” which help in patient and employee safety and reduce the excessive burden on the infrastructure and environment.
- Delhi’s first automated pneumatic chute system for immediate transfer of samples, medicines and documents minimizing delays & ensuring safe and hygienic transfer.
- The “Hospital Information System” used is most advanced and user friendly and helps to reduce medical errors as well as contributes to faster and better patient management.
Cardiac Sciences department offers comprehensive, single-point-of-access, patient-centric care for various heart diseases. Early intervention and patient safety is the mantra in this department.
It has a dedicated cardiac catheterisation suite with state of the art digital flat panel equipment functioning 24 x 7, catering not only for routine cases but also emergency acute heart attack patients who need immediate (primary) angioplasty. All other cardiac procedures including device implantation, elective angioplasties, electro-physiological studies and congenital abnormalities are investigated, diagnosed and where possible treated without surgical intervention.
These services are backed by a dedicated Cardio-thoracic and vascular surgical operation theatre and Cardiac ICU staffed by specially trained doctors and nurses. Fourteen bed coronary care unit provides care to critically ill cardiology patients. The hospital has the latest diagnostic and therapeutic facilities like 64 slice CT scanner, trans-oesophageal echocardiography, intra aortic balloon pump, sterile modular operating room and advanced monitoring equipment.
Services and Treatments Offered
- 24- hour Holter Ambulatory Blood Pressure monitoring
- Colour Doppler echocardiography
- Transesophageal echocardiography
- Treadmill testing (TMT)
- Stress echocardiography
- 64 slice CT scan
- Fully equipped Nuclear Medicine Department
- Coronary angiography
- Coronary angioplasty/stenting
- Pacemaker implantation
- Electrophysiology testing, including ablations
- Peripheral angioplasty (Carotid, renal vessel, upper/lower limb vessel)
- Balloon mitral valvotomy
- Aortic stent graft implantation
Bone Marrow/Stem Cell Transplant
The Bone Marrow Transplant Unit at BLK Super Speciality Hospital is the largest in India and amongst the biggest in Asia.
The unit is led by Dr. Dharma Choudhary, who is highly trained BMT physician from the best centers in India and North America. After setting up the BMT center at BLK Super Speciality Hospital, Dr Dharma Choudhary has performed highest number of Allogenic Bone Marrow Transplant in North India since the inception of the unit. BLK BMT teams include some of the internationally trained and skilled doctors like Dr. Gaurav Kharya and Mrs. Sobha Tuli (Coordinator and advisor Thalassemia BMT). BLK Bone Marrow Transplant center is also amongst the most reputed unit in medical fraternity. Till date, BLK’s BMT center has successfully completed more than 45 BMT procedures including national and international patient. The majority of patients were Thalassemia major and acute leukemia.
The Hospital’s BMT unit currently offers both allogenic and autologous transplants for various benign and malignant disorders like
- Thalassemia Major
- Aplastic Anemia
- Leukemia’s and Lymphoma’s
- Multiple Myeloma
- Hodgkin’s Disease and Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma
- Myelodysplastic Syndrome
- Immunodeficiency states (SCID, Wiscott Aldrich Syndrome etc.)
- Advanced Paediatric solid tumors (Neuroblastoma, CNS tumors and high grade sarcoma’s)
The unit has the latest and state of the art infrastructure and is supported by ultra-modern laboratory services, intensive care physicians and radiation oncology unit with the facility of total body irradiation.
Team of Specialists
Dr. Dharma R. Choudhary
Director & Sr. Consultant
Dr. Sanjeev Kumar Sharma
Dr. Nitin Gupta
Mrs Shobha Tuli
Coordinator & Advisor
International Patient Services
BLK Super Speciality Hospital has a department dedicated to International Patient Services which takes care of all healthcare related and other requirements of patients and their companions coming from overseas. BLK has attended to the healthcare needs of thousands of global citizens from South Asia, Middle East, Africa, Central Asia, Europe and North America. Right from query handling to VISA & FRRO assistance, airport pick-ups, hotel accommodation, doctor appointments, surgery, currency exchange, mobile & internet services, arrangement of preferred cuisine, shopping, travel & tour arrangements, airport drop and post discharge follow-up, the International patient Services team takes care of our international patients and their companions at each step to ensure that they feel right at Home even when they may be thousands of miles away. A special lounge for international patients has been created in the Hospital for their convenience with facilities for interpretation, Internet access, snacking and Doctor Consultation Chambers.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_message style=”square” message_box_color=”mulled_wine”]For more information, medical assessment and medical quote send your detailed medical history and medical reports as email attachment to
Email : – firstname.lastname@example.org Call: +91 9029304141 (10 am. To 8 pm. IST)[/vc_message][/vc_column][/vc_row]