GLOBAL HOSPITAL HYDERABAD – BEST LIVER TRANSPLANT HOSPITAL IN INDIA
Global Hospitals, Lakdi-ka-pul with 200 beds is the first hospital of what today stands as India’s fastest growing chain of facilities offering tertiary level Multi Super-specialty care and multi-organ transplantation services. Founded in 1998 by Dr. K. Ravindranath.
About Global Hospitals
Global Hospitals is India’s leading and the fastest growing super specialty care and multi-organ transplantation hospital. Pioneers in performing transplantation surgeries, Global Hospitals has to its credit many trailblazing achievements made possible by combining research, teaching and patient care.
We at Global Hospitals constantly strive for quality and innovation. To us, it is more than a goal. It is a way of life. While advanced technology and modern facilities are crucial to the delivery of high quality medical care, it is our doctors, nurses and technicians who make Global Hospitals a place of highly specialized expertise.
The group’s success lies in the strong foundation values laid by its founders that serve as a source of inspiration for everyone who is connected to the venture, to continue working selflessly for the society.
International Patient Services
Services that we offer to our foreign guests:
From the warmth of our greeting at the airport to your registration and discharge, we aim to create an unparalleled experience for our international guests
- Dedicated international patient helpdesk
- Offshore online consultations through video calls and teleconference with treating doctors
- Complimentary medical opinions and treatment estimates
- Language interpretation services
- Made-to-order cuisine
- After care / Post discharge care
- Visa assistance
- Airport transfers and facilitation services
- Prior appointment scheduling
- Advance room bookings
- Provision for Inhouse guest house, serviced apartments for patient and companion’s stay outside the hospital
- Detailed prior appointment and treatment schedule for the patient
- Concierge services (Local SIM card, registration with police, foreign exchange, and local transport, confirmation of air tickets, shopping, and sightseeing & visa extensions)
- In-room internet access
- Post-discharge follow-up by treating doctor to ensure patient compliance
- Attractive tourism options through our partners
- Cashless insurance facility
- Easy payment gateway
Why Global Hospitals?
1. Medical Quality
- Be a Center of Excellence in Healthcare through commitment to continuous quality improvement and adopting industry leading practices in safety.
- Meet and exceed international Healthcare standards through our integrated model of healthcare quality systems and evidence based medicine.
- Surpass patient expectations by delivering healthcare service that is caring and compassionate.
- Develop team work and communication through encouraging multi- disciplinary collaborative practice
2. International Patient Management Global Hospitals has a carefully considered transparent process sensitive to the needs of patients and families for their cultural, language, and religious requirements, their medical needs and emotional support. As the majority of its international caseload is either life-saving or life-enhancing procedures, their honesty and integrity provides outstanding case management and better patient understanding.
3. International Patient Marketing Global Hospitals actively supports web-based social networks, including YouTube, Face book, and Twitter. It has its own blog. The hospital has a dedicated team of men and women available 24/7 with access to treating physicians who can respond to qualified patient inquiries.
4. Value for Services India’s hospitals are positioned to provide value for services and will continue to do so because the number of hospitals in India seeking international patient market nurtures a competitive cost structure.
5. Patient Safety and Security Global Hospitals wraps the international traveling patients in a security blanket. From the initial hospital response, Global Hospitals assigns dedicated staff representatives to the patient throughout their hospital stay and a treating physician who directly discusses procedures and outcomes before the patient leaves their home country. Communication with the patient’s family physician is encouraged. Patients may stay in the hospital for their full recovery period to avoid moving to a hotel. Global Hospital also has in-house guest house for International patient’s security.
6. Transparency Every effort is extended to ensure transparency of care, from cost to outcomes data. Patients receive a portfolio of their medical file and surgery documents including CT scans, MRI and X-rays, and operative notes to take back to their home country.
7. Attention to the Unique Needs of the Medical Traveler Global Hospitals encourages patients to use a good medical travel facilitation company to ensure proper and timely care. It offers prompt scheduling of pre-surgery preparation. It provides exemplary follow up care and services to monitor American medical travelers once they return home.
Centres of Excellence
Global Hospitals has emerged as India’s leading multi organ transplant center and is today recognized as an important referral center for complex surgeries and treatments across several medical disciplines. Every hospital in the group offers healthcare services matching the best in the world.
World renowned surgeons and consultants supported by specially trained nursing professionals and experienced technical personnel work together to offer patient care of the highest standards often surpassing internationally accepted benchmarks.
The use of latest and the best equipment available in the world and the advanced infrastructure empowers Global Hospitals to offer the best comprehensive medical care, ranging from diagnostics and consultation to treatment and rehabilitation.
- Advanced Heart, Lung & Vascular Institute
- Institute of Minimal Access & Bariatric Surgery
- Institute of Liver, Pancreas Diseases & Transplant
- Institute of NeuroSciences & Spinal Disorders
- Institute of Spine Surgery
- Institute of Orthopedics, Joint Replacement & Sports Medicine
- Kidney Institute
- Institute of Urology
- Advanced Centre for Trauma & Emergency Care
- Institute of Multi-Organ Transplant
- Cancer Institute
- Institute of Plastic, Reconstructive & Cosmetic Surgery
- Institute of ENT, Head & Neck Surgery
- Advanced Gastroenterology & Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Institute of Pediatrics
- Department of Diabetology
- Department of Rheumatology
- Department of Radiology & Imaging
- Department of Dental & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Department of Dermatology
- Department of Pulmonology
- Department of Transfusion Medicine
- Department of Ophthamology
- Department of Obestretics & Gynecology
- Department of Laboratory Medicine
- al Patients
- Our Medical Milestones
Our Medical Milestones
Global Hospitals has a list of medical milestones that have helped garner the trust and faith of millions in India and abroad. Our milestones are a testimonial to the fact that our physicians and medical professionals are relentlessly trying to venture into unchartered territories and trying to create medical miracles. Our milestones include:
- First Single Lung transplant in India
- First adult swap Liver transplant in India
- First combined Heart-Kidney transplant in India
- First auxiliary Liver transplant
- First Liver transplant in AP, India
- First Bone Marrow transplant in AP, India
- First Hospital to do Nucleus Transplantation in Spine
- First Split Liver transplant in India
- First hospital to do small bowel transplantation
- Largest cadaver Liver Transplant programme
- First Liver kidney transplant of Pakistan
Minimal Access & Bariatric Surgery
- Global Hospital was the first to performed the Laparoscopic Liver Resection in India
- First Hospital in Hyderabad to perform Single Port Sleeve Gastroectomy
Heart, Lung & Vascular Institute
- First in state of Andhra Pradesh to perform Minimally Invasive Bypass surgery for Multiple vessels.
- First Hospital in AP to perform Heart transplant
- First in south India to start IVUS guided complex Angioplasties
Liver, Pancreas Diseases & Transplantation
- India’s largest Liver transplant centre. Most comprehensive transplant programme in the country. Headed by renowned Liver Transplant surgeon Prof. Mohamed Rela.
- First Hospital in Hyderabad to perform Single Port Sleeve Gastroectomy
Cancer Institute & Centre for Bone Marrow Transplantation
- First Bone marrow transplant in the state of A.P(India)
Institute of Spine & Neurosurgery
- India’s first successful stem cell therapy treatment for traumatic brain injury
Patients of Global Hospitals have always had a good relationship with the hospital, its doctors, and its staff. They have helped spread the good word about the hospital’s dedication and sincerity toward healing the ailing. Here are a few testimonials:
Ms. Page quotes – “I feel like I’m much younger and I have an opportunity to lead a normal life”. Body re-contouring surgery markedly improved the appearance of 67-year-old Canadian patient Ms. Potvin Page.
Ms. Page has a host of medial issues realised that her healing process was not optimal because of the carious drugs she was taking and her 111 kg body weight with excess skin and fat made her contact Global Hospitals.
Specialist team of doctors headed by Dr.V.B.Narayanamurthy, Senior Plastic Surgeon at Global Health City, Global Hospitals, Chennai, India offered Ms. Page a fresh lease of life when they recontoured her body by reducing the flab that had accumulated over the years. Doctors conducted two pioneering body re-contouring successful surgeries to firm up the skin leaving minimal scars.
Third successful Auxiliary Liver transplant in the world
A two-year-old girl from Oman gets a second life after a complex surgery was performed by a team of doctors at the at the Global Hospital. Baby Yasmin developed hepatic coma after she was attacked by Hepatitis A. Fortunnately, she was tracked in the early stages of the ailment, which prevented her falling into a rapidly looming liver failure. The doctors at Oman referred her to Dr Naresh Shanmugam, a child liver specialist at the Global Health City, Chennai. Yasmin was then airlifted from Oman and was admitted at Global Health City in a very critical condition, She had a brain swelling, blood coagulopathy, very high ammonia, jaundice, secondary to liver failure.
A 10 hour complex auxiliary liver transplant was performed by Prof Mohamed Rela and team where the damaged portion of Yasmin’s liver was removed and replaced with a small portion of her uncle’s liver. She is now kept alive by the donor’s liver but her own liver has also started functioning.
Two and Half year old Baby Zhivan Hisen from Dahouk, Iraq who was suffering from “left moderate Hydro uretro nephrosis Secondary to Vesico uretric junction pathology”.
Underwent surgery – Bladder exploration with uretric reimplantation. Under Dr.Keshava Murthy – Senior Consultant Pediatric Surgeon. The Surgery was very much successful, the Baby and his family are extremely happy and flown back to their home country
Mr. Khalid Azeez Abdul Gader , 44 years old was presented to ENT department with complaint of discharge in both the ears on and off, associated with pain in the right ear and hard of hearing in both ears for the past 15 years. Due to extensive disease in both ears and complication of facial nerve injury he didn’t undergo any treatment in his native place. On examination under microscope his both ears showed extensive discharge with attic erosion and granulations. His audiological evaluation revealed moderate conductive hearing loss in both ears and CT temporal bone showed feature of bilateral mastoiditis. Due to extensive unsafe disease in both ears, bilateral mastoidectomy was planned. He underwent right modified radical mastoidectomy with tympanoplasty. Intra-operatively extensive cholesteatoma (a type of skin cyst located in the middle ear) involving mastoid bone was noticed and the same disease was cleared completely during surgery. Post-operative period was uneventful, his right ear canal pack and suture were removed after 2 weeks. The patient was very happy about the successful treatment provided by Dr Krishnakumar and team and the care at Global Health City, Chennai. He later underwent left modified radical mastoidectomy with tympanoplasty. His post-operative period was uneventful and both the ears were very healthy with no discharge. He returned to his country Iraq with very well regressed symptoms in both ears without any complications.
Mr Fawwaz Faris Noori, 47 year old weighing 130 kg complained of discharge in right ear with associated hard of hearing in both ears for the past 5 years. On examination under microscope his right ear showed extensive discharge with attic retraction pocket. His audiological evaluation revealed bilateral moderate conductive hearing loss with mixed high frequency hearing loss in both ears and CT temporal bone showed feature of bilateral mastoiditis. As he was very obese fitness clearance were obtained from cardiologists, pulmonologists and anesthetists. Post operatively he was monitored in the surgical ICU for 24 hours. Once stable was shifted to the ward. His right ear canal pack and suture were removed after 2 weeks. He was very happy about the treatment given and returned home without any complications and successful treatment of right ear.