Amongst all the other diseases, cancer has become a great threat to human beings worldwide, and India has the third-largest mortality rate in the world due to cancer.
Cancer is a complex group of a number of diseases involving the formation and expansion of abnormal cells that spread frantically and have the potential to invade and destroy other normal body parts.
Causes of Cancer
There is no known cause of cancer; it is the interlinking of different factors together that gives birth to cancer. Some of the cancer causes are unknown while other factors can be genetic, lifestyle factors, environmental, etc. Many people develop cancer resulting from a combination of these factors.
The following are the most common causes of cancer:
- Genetic: A number of certain types of cancers have a connection to human genes such as ovarian, prostate, breast, etc. There are several hereditary forms of cancer, around 10 % of cancer cases are caused due to a cancer-related genetic mutation.
- Lifestyle: A lot of modern lifestyle habits are attributed to the increase in the number of cancer cases. Excessive consumption of alcohol and tobacco has been the cause of cancer among various people. Also, some specific kinds of food have also been linked to the cause of cancer.
- Ionizing Radiation: Ultraviolet rays from sunlight, radiation from medical imaging, alpha, beta, and X-ray emitting sources have also been the cause of cancer. Ionizing radiation is seldom used to treat various forms of cancers, but sometimes it can result in the creation of a second form of cancer.
Types of Cancer Treatments in India
There are several types of cancer treatment in India based on the diagnosis of the patient’s present condition and the stage of cancer. Out of all the treatments available Surgery, Chemotherapy, Radiation therapy, Hormone Therapy, Stem cell transplant, targeted therapy, Immunotherapy, and precision medicine are the most frequently used cancer treatments in India. The cancer specialist might use one of the mentioned treatments or a combination of them to treat your specific cancer type. Among these treatments, the common and repeatedly used cancer treatments are radiation therapy, chemotherapy, and surgery.
Let’s have a brief look at them:
- Surgery: A surgery is performed for treating cancer by making various incisions with the help of some sharp tools in your skin, muscles, and sometimes bones. Your doctor will wipe out cancerous cells from your body using a small and sharp-bladed knife called scalpel. After the completion of the surgical process, patients tend to experience pain due to the multiple incisions, which is normal and this pain takes time to heal.
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy is a type of cancer treatment in which the specialist uses anti-cancer drugs to kill cancer cells as a part of the chemotherapy process. It is used to heal cancer and shrink the size of the tumors for the purpose of reducing pain and treating their issues. Chemotherapy is given with the intention of curing cancer or is given to eliminate symptoms of cancer.
- Radiation Therapy: In radiation therapy, ionizing radiation is used to kill cancer cells and to help prevent the spread of the cancerous cells. A high dosage of ionizing radiation damages the DNA of the cancerous tissues, resulting in their destruction. Once the cancerous cells are dead, they are disaggregated and pulled out from the body.
Why pick We Care India for Cancer Treatment in India
We Care India provides effective cancer treatment in India and has links with various prominent hospitals across the globe. We have years of experience in different cancer treatments. We have helped many of our patients to live a cancer-free life.
Here are some reasons that show why you should choose us for cancer treatment in India:
- Highly qualified and skillful oncologists
Our oncologists and cancer specialists are highly skilled and adept at treating diverse types of cancer diseases and have over a decade of experience in giving cancer treatments to their patients and have helped many patients to live a life free from cancer.
- Advanced equipment and latest technology
Surgeons in We Care India use state-of-the-art technology and modern equipment to perform various surgeries and therapies. We make sure that all the latest tools and machines are used by our doctors to conduct various tests and surgeries.
- Affordable cost for the cancer treatment
Various cancer treatments such as chemotherapy, hormone therapy, immunotherapy, and radiation therapy, are given at an acceptable price. The cost of cancer treatment in India is relatively lower, almost one-tenth of the cost of cancer treatment in other countries.
- Immense care and assistance to patients
Our staff members and doctors understand that cancer treatment is a long, complex, and emotionally exhausting process. We give extensive care and attention to our cancer patients, impart positivity and help them maintain their emotional stability.