LUMBAR SPINE SURGERY IN INDIA
Why Lumbar Spine Surgery in India is Performed?
The main aim to perform the Lumbar Spine Surgery in India is to reduce pain and restore the stability of the lumbar spine. The surgeons at the hospitals under We Care India use two surgical techniques which help in reducing pain and restoring spine stability and these are:
Decompression: Decompression is a technique in which your surgeon will remove the tissue that presses against a nerve structure and also helps in reducing radicular symptoms such as numbness, leg pain, burning sensation, etc.
- Stabilization: With the help of stabilization technique the motion between vertebrae is limited and this technique also helps in reducing mechanical low back pain and its symptoms.
How Lumbar Spine Surgery in India is performed?
The lumbar spine surgeon at the hospitals under We Care India performs lumbar surgery from the back by using the following techniques and these are:
a) Laminotomy and Laminectomy: With the help of this technique the spine surgeon is able to access disc material which enters into the spinal canal, the surgeon will make a small opening in the lamina. While performing a laminectomy procedure your surgeon will remove all or part of the lamina which provide relief to spinal cord compression and also gain access to a disc from the back. Generally, the spine surgeons perform laminectomy procedure to treat lumbar spinal stenosis, as the narrowing of the spinal canal sometimes caused by arthritis.
b) Discectomy: This is a technique which is performed to remove of all or part of a disc surgically and your surgeon will perform this technique from the posterior (back) or front (anterior) through the abdominal cavity to reach your spine.
c) Foraminotomy: Your surgeon will generally perform foraminotomy procedure when disc material or bone spurs press against a nerve exiting the foramen. Foraminotomy is a technique which makes the opening of the foramen larger and also relieves nerve compression.
d) Facetectomy: This is a technique which involves complete or partial removal of the facet joint. The spine surgeons will perform a facetectomy to reduce nerve root compression or to gain access to disc space.
Why spinal stabilization is necessary?
According to the study, the above-mentioned procedures are decompression techniques. Foraminotomy and laminotomy are the procedures which do not disturb your spinal stability. However, the procedures like laminectomy, discectomy, and facetectomy are the techniques in which your spine surgeon will remove something from the spine and your lumbar spine may need to be surgically stabilized. Spondylolisthesis is a condition which often requires stabilization. The following are the main stabilization techniques and these are:
a) Fusion: Fusion is a technique in which bones together often are using a bone graft or a biological substance. This is a technique which stops motion between two or more vertebrae and provides stabilization to your spine for long-term. At the time of a low back fusion, your spine surgeon may fuse together with your facet joints, adjacent vertebral bodies, and lamina.
b) Instrumentation: There are some spine specific implants which are known as instrumentation and they are regularly combined with fusion. Your spine surgeon will include the instrumentation like plates, rods, screws, and interbody devices. These are the devices which hold your spine stable until the fusion properly heals. Also, your spine surgeon will use some non-fusion devices which may be utilized to treat lumbar spinal stenosis.
Causes of Pain in Lumbar Spinal
The following are the causes due to which pain occurs in lumbar spinal and these are:
- Disc herniation or rupture is the causes which occur when the disc which is weak puts pressure on the center of the intervertebral disc. These types of discs are compressed and bulge outward which results in disc herniation or sometimes rupture may lead to back pain.
- Spondylolisthesis is a condition which makes the normal aging process difficult for your spinal bones and ligaments to maintain its position which results in slipping of the lower spine vertebrae out of place. In such a case, your bones will pinch the spinal nerves which result in back pain.
- Spinal stenosis is a condition in which your spinal cord gets narrowed which leaves less space for the spinal cord and the nerves which result in pain and numbness while walking.
- Skeletal abnormalities which include scoliosis, a lateral curvature of the spine and other congenital anomalies can cause discomfort and back pain.
- Intervertebral disc degeneration is one of the common causes of lumbar spinal pain in which your disc gets shrink and wears off because of your increased age and this results in losing the disc integrity and cushioning ability which produces pain and discomfort in the low back.
- Radiculopathy or sciatica is a lumbar condition in which your herniated or ruptured disc or spinal stenosis results in compression, injury or inflammation to your spinal nerve root which results in tingling, numbness and radiating pain from your lower back down to your buttock and the lower leg.
How much does the Lumbar Spine Surgery Cost in India?
The Lumbar Spine Surgery Cost in India varies from procedure to procedure. The estimated cost of lumbar spine surgery at the hospitals under We Care India is around USD 5,500 and this depends on the condition of your lumbar, your age and the procedure you opt to treat your lumbar spinal condition.
The Lumbar Spine Surgery Cost in India also depends on the type of surgery, implant, surgeon, facility and the city you choose to have your surgery. We offer such reasonable cost so that each individual whosoever dealing with the lumbar problem can easily afford the treatment and enjoy their life without any pain as we understand that the low back is the major part which consists of five vertebrae in the lower part of the spine between the ribs and pelvis.
India is a country where you will get the most reasonable and affordable cost for lumbar spine surgeries with world-class facilities as compared to the other developed countries where the cost of the lumbar spine is around USD 15,000. This is the reason that people in larger number travel India for lumbar spinal treatments.